Role: Lisa Cohen
Director: Kenneth Lonergan
Writer: Kenneth Lonergan
Release: September 30, 2011 (US); December 2, 2011 (UK); July 2, 2012 (UK DVD/BluRay); July 10, 2012 (US DVD/BluRay)
Runtime: 150 min
Filming Locations: New York City, New York
Matthew Broderick, Matt Damon, Allison Janney, Kieran Culkin, Mark Ruffalo, J. Smith-Cameron, Jean Reno, John Gallagher Jr., Sarah Steele, Jeannie Berlin
Centers on a 17-year-old New York City high-school student who feels certain that she inadvertently played a role in a traffic accident that has claimed a woman’s life. In her attempts to set things right she meets with opposition at every step. Torn apart with frustration, she begins emotionally brutalizing her family, her friends, her teachers, and most of all, herself. She has been confronted quite unexpectedly with a basic truth: that her youthful ideals are on a collision course against the realities and compromises of the adult world.
- Anna filmed “Margaret” in between filming “X-Men 3″
- The film was shot in Fall 2005, there were reshoots in March 2006
- Originally slated for a Fall 2006 release, but has since been delayed
- Was supposed to hit theatres in 2007 but has been delayed once more until 2008
- Original cut of the film was over 3 hours
- October 2007 Anna Paquin Online learns exclusively from the composer of the film that it’ll be about another 9 months before a release is seen
- As of 2009, the film is in legal limbo.
- Approximately six years after start of filming, the film sees a release on September 30th, 2011.
- After the film’s brief initial US release, the film found new life in theatres thanks to #teammargaret on Twitter.
- The UK release of the film on December 2nd, 2011 was initially one screen before expanding to 10 screens a week later.
- Anna ties with Meryl Streep for Actress Of The Year at the London Critics Association Awards.
- Despite auditioning other actresses for the role of Lisa, Anna Paquin was the only person Kenneth Lonergan had in mind for the role.